Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Plastic gas tank

On Nov 15, 3:38*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Rick-Meister" wrote in message

Permatex makes a plastic fuel tank repair kit

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut..._maintenance_r...

Did you read the last line?
Suggested Applications: Ideal for cars, trucks, boats and RV's; windshield
washer reservoirs, radiator overflow tanks, coolant reservoirs, water tanks,
waste tanks *Not for use on Plastic Fuel Tanks.

I wonder if that statement might be for liability concerns, it bonds
to a plastic few thing will bond to, if it leaks again its ok, it only
leaks when I fill it more than 1/4 full. I still cant believe JD used
a metal screw down band type pipe clamp, anyone could over tighten it.