Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Council recycling grinds to a halt

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:10:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:32:45 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

The old system of deposit returnable bottles did work quite well in its
day; (fond memories of a tanner a jar and tuppence a bottle) kids are
natural scavengers for that kind of thing, but nowadays it probably
wouldn't work unless things get much worse.

I think it would if you got 5p back on your empties. Might stop the local
youth smashing their bottles around the Market Cross and shelter...

I doubt it somehow. Youth these days don't seem to be interested in
'small change' - in fact it might be seen as a sort of act of bravado
to smash up things with a tangible value...

--
Frank Erskine