Posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default ****t

Kenneth wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 00:47:43 GMT, "olddog"
wrote:

I'm not a lawyer but verbal contracts don't mean a thing unless there is
some physical evidence to back them up or *both* parties agree there is an
agreement. All you have to say is unequivocally "there was no contract".
It's your word against his and he is screwed in court (Judge Judy 101).

Olddog

Howdy,

It may be better than that...

If I understand this correctly, there were three people
present two of whom believe that no agreement was made.

All the best,

I find rather incredulous that he would create a proposal with such
detail regarding remuneration yet he would incur cost without a written
contract. I think he's bluffing.

I'd let him sue. Just don't ignore any suit related documents that you
receive...if you get any.