Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Plastic gas tank

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:15:03 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"ransley" wrote in message
I have a white plastic gas tank on a snowblower that cracked, will any
glue, sealer, bond, maybe an automotove silicone sealer? My "quality"
John Deer gas tank was attached with a simple Pipe Clamp the type you
tighten with a screwdriver. I have heard nothing bonds to this type of
white plastic.

You heard right. Buy a new tank.

That HDP plastic has VERY low surface energy. It will behave as if it
is impregnated with oil. If you find someting that will adhere to a
surface covered with oil, you can glue it. Otherwise, replacement is
mandatory.