Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rodney Rodney is offline

Default Can't View TV Program When Recording With VCR

On Nov 15, 1:23 pm, UCLAN wrote:
Rodney wrote:
I just purchased a Philips DVD/VCR, Model No. DVP3345V/17, for use
with my Samsung LCD TV, Model No. LN-T3253HX/XAA and Cox digital cable
system. Everything is okay except that, when I try to record a TV
program, I get a blue screen. However, I can record the program and it
plays back fine (both picture and sound). What do I need to do to be
able to view the program that I am recording? Thanks.

You're gonna have to tell us how this whole thing is wired. Cable directly
into DVD/VCR? Cable into a cable STB? DVD/VCR - TV....how? Etc....

Okay, and thanks for the response. The cable is outputting to an RF
modulator (necessary because my TV has only a coax input), the
modulator is outputting to the TV, and the DVD/VCR's audio/video (red,
white, and yellow plugs) outputs are connected to the modulator's
audio/video inputs.