Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Obama "Would like to teach the world to sing"

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 00:56:48 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:38:57 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Wes" wrote in message
I hope not. I do wonder why seriously liberal commentary on other
than
NPR doesn't seem
to exist though.

There is some entertaining stuff on TV now, on MSNBC. Keith Olbermann
("Countdown") can be pretty brutal, and Rachel Maddow is very good with
sharp scalpal. g

I heard one Olberman rant on the Shrub which had me rolling.

--snip--
We could get into a discussion about it, based on audience-study data,
but
you wouldn't like it. d8-) You may be surprised to know that Limbaugh's
approval rating is very low according to nationwide surveys -- just
slightly
higher than that of George Bush (based on a Rasmussen study conducted
last
year, and I think there was at least one other recent study that had
similar
results). He has a large enough audience to pull something like 13.5
million
listeners/week (that's what they call the "cume" in radio advertising
speak:
the number of people who tuned into radio at least once and at least for
five minutes in an average week) , but that's actually a smallish
percentage
of voting-age Americans. They're hard core but, by themselves, they
can't
win an election.

I know a lot of them. Or did in CA.

Congress may not provide oversight during his term but a lot of the
citizens will paying
attention.

Of course. And they should. He's not likely to jump on the old liberal
chestnuts but he'll need popular support to keep the libs under
control.

I sure hope so. The recent thing I heard is that the questionaire for
prospective members
of his administration wants to know about firearms ownership. Why?

I don't know. I didn't hear it. Where did you hear it?

My neighbor (who watches the Washington Report or somesuch every
morning and Lou Dobbs every evening) mentioned that Obama had
something like a SEVENTY FIVE PAGE employment questionnaire for
everyone to sign. I can't _wait_ to see a copy of it online
somewhere. There are sure to be some yummy questions asked, wot?

It's 7 pages. g

Geeze, I simply _have_ to stop listening to that old bat. Maybe it's
75 questions?

Close. It's 63.

I just got a missive from the NRA that analyzes the gun
question like a literary exegesis, but which comes to no conclusion except
they don't like Obama asking questions about guns.

Oh, really? snort

All of the questions are fairly intrusive and have raised some eyebrows.
In
the case of the gun question, it looks like they're trying to ferret out
people who have committed a crime with a gun or who are living in a state
of
gun crime, which is something like a state of sin.

Deplorable, wot?

It's either because it would be potentially embarrassing, as Stuart
suggested, or, as "Dick" says, it's the Secret Service looking for a kook.
Maybe some of both.

It's something to keep an eye on but the gun ain't smoking yet.

This article explains it but it isn't the full text of the questionnai

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us...onnaire&st=cse

Ah, good. I shall deploy to the Internet immediately.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.