Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default OT- DTV Antenna?

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
I've heard people talking about Digital TV and saying they are getting
many channels with good quality... So I'm considering getting an antenna
to receive local broadcasts and save $5/month from the satellite bill plus
get more local channels.

Anyway, the broadcast stations for this area are pretty much in 2
directions from my house, St Louis is West and there are other local
stations to the South. I was wondering if instead of using a rotor, could
I use 2 antennas and some sort of signal combiner? Anybody here doing
this?

RogerN

It can be done BUT - if you're not very close to the stations [ 50 miles
LOS] I wouldn't waste either the money or the time.

DTV signals have less range than Analog provides and - in fringe areas -
suffer far more than Analog from any kind of disturbance.

Part of the reason is that only channels 8-13 remain at their current VHF
frequencies while the rest become UHF and if you have troubles receiving
over-the-air UHF Analog signals you'll have real problems with the DTV
signals.

If you're close enough to the transmitter(s) then you might even want to
consider an omni-directional antenna and save yourself a bit of expense.