Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT- DTV Antenna?

On Nov 15, 10:24*am, "RogerN" wrote:
I've heard people talking about Digital TV and saying they are getting many
channels with good quality... So I'm considering getting an antenna to
receive local broadcasts and save $5/month from the satellite bill plus get
more local channels.

Anyway, the broadcast stations for this area are pretty much in 2 directions
from my house, St Louis is West and there are other local stations to the
South. *I was wondering if instead of using a rotor, could I use 2 antennas
and some sort of signal combiner? *Anybody here doing this?

RogerN

You could use a combiner or a splitter backwards but they cost you
some signal strength. It's the easiest thing to try.

I have a rotator and also a second coax from another antenna leading
to a patch panel on the electronics rack. The coax and several other
wires come in through a waterproof outdoor electric outlet box with
3/4" plastic threaded pipe passing through the wall. I put a blank
cover plate on the box and drilled the bottom for the coax feedthrus.
The outdoor coax terminates in push-on F connectors that I unplug and
bag before thunderstorms, although the mast is grounded.