Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Obama "Would like to teach the world to sing"

Lew Hartswick wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
I sure hope so. The recent thing I heard is that the questionaire
for prospective members
of his administration wants to know about firearms ownership. Why?

I don't know. I didn't hear it. Where did you hear it?

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, The NRA just sent out a copy of the that question. I just
read it and deleted it so I'm not excatly sure of the number
but I think it was 59. Very, if not scary at least, food for
thought.
...lew...

Let's see, in recent memory: Smith and Wesson hires a president of the
company who is later found out to have committed Armed Robbery in his
past. A prominent Chicago alderman (or whatever it is there) let the
registration on his pistol/gun permits expire and was engaging in legal
gymnastics to get special laws to allow him (and others) to re-register
if they forgot.

Outside of guns, Clinton had to pull at least one nominee because of
nanny issues, and then look at the crappy vetting of Palin. Do you
really think that they knew that she had a pregnant teen daughter, a
husband who was a secessionist, had asked about how to ban books, had
anyone looked at her previous speeches and writings?

The goal is not necessarily to disqualify but rather to allow the
INFORMED choice of people so they know what will be thrown against them...

Question 37 would catch "Joe the Plumber"'s tax liens...

Curiously, unless you count question 45, they don't seem nearly as
concerned about how you have misused your automobile...

Stuart