Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Touch Lights turning themselves on

Invisible Man wrote:

We have bedside lights that are operated through 3 levels and back to
off by touching them.

They each plugged into separate sockets on the upstairs power point ring.

Occasionally when we turn the bathroom light off one or both come on.

Bathroom light is on the upstairs lighting ring.

I assume that this results from a small fluctuation rather than the
ghost following us back from the old inn over the road.

Any ideas? We will be getting the ancient fuse box replaced early next
year and I have a suspicion this may run to more work than just the fusebox.

House is detached mid 1960s.

TIA for any assistance.

You'd need to modify the electronics to alter their sensitivity -
though its poss you might be able to bodge it by adding something
external to the touch plate, or filtering the mains supply to the
lights. Maybe refund time.

NT