Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT planning issues

Don wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:55:29 +0000, stuart noble
wrote:

I'm considering my response to a planning application whereby a
commercial building in a mainly residential area would be replaced
by 17 2 bed flats with 11 parking spaces.
I'm hoping someone on here will know where to look up the general
guidelines councils apply e.g. on average, how many extra cars
might you expect from 34 bedrooms in the south east? Is there a
formula? I don't want to complain unreasonably (people have to live
somewhere) but, as it stands, it sounds like parking chaos.
Any pointers appreciated.

Thank yourself lucky it's not a Mosque getting built or a conversion
to one .One near me was given permission a couple of years ago ...a
villa on a narrow but busy road and every Friday it's a nightmare
.cars abandoned everywhere and it got worse when the "Traffic
Management"
folk got to work with bollards at corners and humps on side roads etc
etc .

It could be worse, think of the alternative, mountains of camel sh*t
all over the place!

You could put that on your rhubarb.

Awaits joke...

--