Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Problem changing 1-pipe CH system to 2-pipe system

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message

The problem is it doesn't work! I've got all valves fully open - the
hall rad heats up a bit but the other rads hardly get any hot water.

Don't you need to partly close the lockshield valves on the radiators that
heat so as to force the water through the others?

See http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html

Other thoughts are blockage and air lock!

Thanks Michael. I'll try it - but in the old system, all rads got pretty
hot. With my new arrangement the hall radiator just gets warm (not hot) and
the others are stone cold. So its doesn't sound like a balancing thing.
Cheers
Steve