Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Council recycling grinds to a halt

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod
saying something like:

If we have to sort things by type, I would prefer a multi-compartment
bin. So we can put things into the right compartments and they could
scoop up one bin and empty it into three/four divisions of the
lorry. Or even empty all four separate containers at the same time.

I watched with incredulity and amusement as a large open-topped truck
came into my local bottle/tin bank collection point and proceeded to
empty the different colours of glass containers into the back of
itself.

Thing was... the open-topped lorry back didn't have any separation at
all.

Idiots.

Same at our local tip, large metal container with holes in the sides. One
side painted brown, other painted green - large signs 'Green Glass Only'
etc - no internal divider.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk