Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

On Nov 14, 12:22*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

Until I realized that it's *just a gauge.* That outer ring isn't
adjusting anything, it's just a little ruler that shows you how far up
or down the bit has travels while turning the *real* adjustment knob. As
far as I know, it's the same on any 7529, type I, II, or III.

Beats me, that's for sure.

...with the measurement markings:http://tool-corral.com/shopsite_sc/s...dia/pc8529.jpg

Definitely, this one.

Before we go any further, I want to make sure you are clear that the
ring around the micro adjustment knob is just a measurement gauge and
not, another, extra, super-fine adjustment.

The knob on mine has not only measurements around the knob, but
instructions.

This may be where I am screwed up. The knob in question has "UP" with
an arrow indicating direction of turn, and "DOWN with its own arrow.
So the knob shows direction to pull the machine up and down.

Further, it has " One revolution = 1/8" " painted on the knob as well.

I certainly DID assume with the directions on the knob it was for
raising and lowering.

So... enlighten me!

This irritated me so much thinking about it that at 1:45 in the
morning I went out in the shop and opened up the router box to take a
look at the machine.

I always thought this machine could be so much more.

For a while I thought about making one of these for the machine but
never did it:

http://eacmedia.net/manuals/shared/010.pdf

I am all ears over here.

Robert