Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default MultiMaster Clone in Harbor Freight, Any Good?

On Nov 14, 11:02*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/14/2008 10:44 AM Marilyn & Bob spake thus:

Now that the patent has expired, you can get a *Multimaster clone made by
Dremel for $100. *For the extra $50, I think that one would be a better
value than HF junk.

But how do you know how good the Dremel version is?

--
* Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the

- Paulo Freire

I think BobJ's point is that Dremel a certain "brand value" to protect
& making a crappy tool (a'la HF) could tarnish that brand.

HF already a "brand value"...at least in my mind, crappy tools "on the
cheap" that may or may not hold up...but if they fail, one is not
disappointed... after all the tool is from HF.

I know nothing about the Dremel MM knockoff...I use my buddy's MM & we
buy blades (10pk) from Coastal Tool online.

At this point if I wanted a MM..I'd look for a used one.

cheers
Bob