Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Thermostat Indicator Bulb Type?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:54:25 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
put finger to keyboard and composed:

One of the GE Weathertron Model 3AAT80B1A1 thermostats in our home is
doing its thing and when the temperature setting is increased a few
degrees above ambient the auxillary heaters come on OK to supplement the
heat pump's output.

The blue "Aux Heat" indicator recently stopped lighting in that mode. I
could live with it that way, but being an engineer I'm sort of anal
about having everything working the way it was designed to.

Does anyone happen to know the type number or the voltage/current
ratings of the "grain of wheat" incandescent indicator bulbs used in
those thermostats. (It's soldered in.)

It would be annoying to spend good money to replace an otherwise working
thermostat just for the want of a bulb.

I suppose I could measure the voltage and current draw of the working
bulb in our other identical thermostat, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks guys,

Does this help at all:
http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/r...ages/26276.htm

It looks like you may need a 24V bulb. AFAICT, the most common rating
appears to be 60mA.

- Franc Zabkar