Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Thermostat Indicator Bulb Type?

WW wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
eonecommunications...

One of the GE Weathertron Model 3AAT80B1A1 thermostats in our home is
doing its thing and when the temperature setting is increased a few
degrees above ambient the auxillary heaters come on OK to supplement the
heat pump's output.

The blue "Aux Heat" indicator recently stopped lighting in that mode. I
could live with it that way, but being an engineer I'm sort of anal about
having everything working the way it was designed to.

Does anyone happen to know the type number or the voltage/current ratings
of the "grain of wheat" incandescent indicator bulbs used in those
thermostats. (It's soldered in.)

It would be annoying to spend good money to replace an otherwise working
thermostat just for the want of a bulb.

I suppose I could measure the voltage and current draw of the working bulb
in our other identical thermostat, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks guys,
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff.. Why not measure voltage and use a LED? WW

I could use a white LED, resistor (and prolly a diode across the LED too
since the voltage is AC.) But, as its taken 23 years for that first
incandescent bulb to burn out because it's probable it was designed to
run on the cool side, a replacement bulb will likely outlive me. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)