Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nipperchipper nipperchipper is offline

Default Low Volume - Panasonic Cordless Phone Handset

ear speakers often went bad in panasonic handsets
"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:46:58 -0800 (PST), Clueless in Seattle
wrote:

Does anyone know if the handset volume on a Panasonic KX-TCM937-B
900MHz "Cordless Answering System" can be adjusted?

I received this phone/answering machine combo as a hand-me-down from a
friend who was leaving the country a few years back. It worked well
for a few years, but lately the handset volume has gotten so low that
I have trouble understanding what people are saying to me.

I thought the problem was probably a worn-out rechargeable battery, so
I bought a new battery and let it charge overnight. But this morning,
the volume level in the earpiece of the handset is as low as ever

I found a PDF of the manual for this phone, but can't seem to find any
reference to adjusting the handset volume (the PDF is not searchable)
and due to chronic health problems my poor old brain has trouble
processing information that I read on computer screens these days.

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me if there's a way to increase
the volume in the handset earpiece.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

I wouldn't count on this being something that could be adjusted. I've
serviced this stuff under factory authorized repair and don't recall
ever seeing such an adjustment.

Have you had your hearing checked lately?