Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Obama "Would like to teach the world to sing"

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

It was in the news that he was leaning toward a supporter of the 'Fairness
Doctrine', of
course until he actually is inaugurated and presents his nominations all
this is
speculation.

There has been commentary in the broadcast media that the whole dustup is
the result of something said on a Limbaugh show. Limbaugh's original talk
radio show was "born," more or less, on the back of a 1987 Supreme Court
ruling against the Fiarness Doctrine.

And it was a great day!

There have always been a few liberals in Congress who favor it. They don't
have much support.

I hope not. I do wonder why seriously liberal commentary on other than NPR doesn't seem
to exist though. Is it a case that conservatives like talk radio and liberals are in to
listening to the latest band on their ipods? There has to be a reason since any pool of
consumers will find someone trying to make a buck on providing them with a product.

Congress may not provide oversight during his term but a lot of the
citizens will paying
attention.

Of course. And they should. He's not likely to jump on the old liberal
chestnuts but he'll need popular support to keep the libs under control.

I sure hope so. The recent thing I heard is that the questionaire for prospective members
of his administration wants to know about firearms ownership. Why?

Wes