Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Obama "Would like to teach the world to sing"

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

He hasn't appointed anyone to head the FCC yet. He still has his transition
team working on possible candidates. What kind of stuff are you reading,
Roger?

I am all for fairness but controlling what a broadcaster broadcasts is as
fair as forcing a country music station to play rap. If the listener
wants to hear something else, all they have to do is change stations.

I don't think you'll see Obama try to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine. It
made sense in 1949, when few markets had more than one or two TV stations,
at most, and the question of whether broadcasters should be treated as
common carriers or not raged in the telecommunications field until the '70s.
But that was before cable and the Internet, and isn't taken seriously by
many people today. As far as I know, all Obama has said is that he doesn't
favor it.

It was in the news that he was leaning toward a supporter of the 'Fairness Doctrine', of
course until he actually is inaugurated and presents his nominations all this is
speculation.

Congress may not provide oversight during his term but a lot of the citizens will paying
attention.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller