Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Energy saving monitor ?

In article , Hugh Jampton
scribeth thus
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 01:19:45 +0000, Pete Verdon wrote:

Ah ha - that's the one I was testing :-)

Not sure to what extent they publicise the fact, but it has a serial
port on the bottom which lets you connect it to a computer for remote
monitoring, pedantic graphing, etc. One of our Master Inventors (
http://earth2tech.com/2008/04/30/the...ts-energy-use/
) was handing them out on the condition that we hooked them up to a
system at work that graphed everybody's power usage. Mine's no longer
connected; the number on the wall is enough for my needs.

Interesting :-)

I noticed the serial port but unfortunately I don't have a serial port on
my PC. Might play around with a serial to USB converter but the last time I
did that (weather thingy) it failed.

Ah well - another toy to play with :-)

#
There are PCI COM port boards such as these and they are around half that
price. We've got some to add in a few extra COM ports on a couple of remote
machines....

http://www.serial-cards.co.uk/produc...tegoryid=52637
--
Tony Sayer