Young Carpenter

Default Neander question: face "jointing" and thickness planing

For the thicker pieces that needed to be thinner they often had it resawed
at the mill.
Some did their own resawing. I know the Japanese can do it better than many
bandsaws.

--
Young Carpenter

plenty of practice, and you usually make way more noise than intended"

"Dennis M. O'Connor" wrote in message
I'm curious:
Before the wonder of powered rotating blades,
how did woodworkers do the equivalent of
milling the face of a board with a jointer and
planing to a uniform thickness with a thickness planer ?

I've thunk and thunk till my thunker was sore,
and I just can't figure how you could do it.
But there must be a way, right ?

'Course, I'd just use the big power tools,
because I love using big power tools. :-)
--
Dennis M. O'Connor
But there's no woodworking function for