Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clueless in Seattle Clueless in Seattle is offline

Default Low Volume - Panasonic Cordless Phone Handset

On Nov 13, 11:31 am, Meat Plow wrote:

I wouldn't count on this being something that could be adjusted. I've
serviced this stuff under factory authorized repair and don't recall
ever seeing such an adjustment.

I was afraid of that. I wonder why the volume level has dropped off
so drastically.

Have you had your hearing checked lately?

No, not lately. But the last time I did have it checked they told me
I had the hearing of a 14-year-old.

The the handset volume in one of my corded phones is so loud that I
have to hold the phone away from my ear because it is so loud that
it's painful to my ear. And I sometimes wish my hearing weren't quite
so good, because I don't sleep so well these days and even the
smallest sound, like the creaking floor in the apartment above me, can
wake me up.

So, since it's not the battery. What else might cause the volume
level in the earpiece of a cordless handset to drop to drastically.
The people on the other end tell me that they have no trouble hearing
me, so the microphone seems to be working ok.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"