Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Barometer. Never lie them down?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:30:01 +0000, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:14:10 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

I just saw an "expert" on "Flog It tell a guy always to keep
his barometer upright, an never ever lie it down.

This was an aneroid, not a mercury barometer by the way.
Does the team agree that this "expert" deserves these inverted
commas?

Maybe he has had problems in his past with Aneroids .
Name and shame him . Was it Paul Martin ?

I'm pretty sure it was James Lewis of Bamfords. He said that Mr Bamford had
extensively researched barometers and the name on the back of this particular
one was not on the list. though he was a known London clockmaker.

Andy