Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default black mould washing machine door seal

On 2008-11-13, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

US has more started becoming concerned about wash economy too, but
you can't simply put a European washing machine in the US,

W-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-lll. You can buy Bosch front-loaders in the US now, although as
you say, low foam detergents are hard to find, and rumour has it that Bosch
don't have much of a service operation in the US, so it will be hard to get it
fixed if it fails.

The Bosch's sold in the US use the same HE detergents that all the
other front loading machines sold in the US use. And it's not hard
to find, Tide is one common brand. I would also not assume that the
Bosch's sold in the US are the same, or even similar to those sold in
Europe.

So European washing machines don't need a hot water supply, but
they are all about 2.5kW, which is well over what can be drawn
from a US outlet.

* * * * * *^
* * * * * *110V

A lot of US houses have 220V, too, especially for domestic appliances.

IME, European machines have very much more effective
spin drying cycles

IME, European washing machines are superior in every respect to American ones.
And as for a stacked tumble drier on top of a top-loading washing machine.... I
nearly peed myself laughing the first time I saw one.

--
* *"I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose
happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others." - Thomas Jefferson