Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Attaching a post to a concrete block wall

On Nov 13, 10:52*pm, wrote:
DN:

For something cosmetic like a fence, I like to use Tapcon screws.
I presume the Titens are like these. *They're fast and hold well,
and you can drill through the wood instead of marking.

A P

I too was suspicious of the Simpson Titens screws but they work & are
a good product.

Tapcons could also work.

Actually Tapcons & Titens suplly less splitting force on the base
material than a wedge product.

If the wall is ungrouted you could also use toggle bolt or a toggle
stud. If the wall is ungrouted you're only going to the block's face
thickness.

I recommend SIKA Anchor Fix #1 (gels in ~5 minutes, full strength in
less than 1 hour dispenses from standard caulking gun) threaded rod or
bolts with the heads ground down.

cheers
Bob