Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Tools

On 11/13/2008 6:40 PM MiamiCuse spake thus:

I have bought from them quite a few times during the life of my never
ending, ever expanding remodeling project.

My experience is their hand tools are really good, at least to a layman like
me, I like it, and I like their prices too.

However, their power tools are junk. Prices are attractive, but you really
get what you pay for. Much heavier than the competitive brands, bulkier and
not as functional.

What are your experience?

Recently picked up their "sawzall" (Chicago reciprocating saw) for $20.
How could I *not* buy it at that price? It's worked as well as I could
have wanted it to on half-a-dozen jobs since then and shows no signs of
quitting.

Of course, if I used this tool hard every day, I'd get a "real"
(brand-name) one, but for the amount of use I'm likely to give it, it
seems to be just fine.

- Paulo Freire