Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Council recycling grinds to a halt

David Hansen wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:34:16 +0000 someone who may be Rod
wrote this:-

Not from every property. We are on the border between two areas so we
actually get the noise and exhaust fumes of collections (2 x 1 - 'grey
bin') one week and (3 x 3 - 'paper', 'plastic/metal' and 'green') the
next. Each of these is collected entirely separately.

Would you prefer sorting of these items at the roadside, with the
staff placing them in a multi-compartment lorry, as some councils
do?

If I can remember
the schedule of what is being collected from one week to the next... :-)

The timetable is a bookmark on my web browser. It provides
information on which collections there will be for the next eight
weeks.

If we have to sort things by type, I would prefer a multi-compartment
bin. So we can put things into the right compartments and they could
scoop up one bin and empty it into three/four divisions of the lorry. Or
even empty all four separate containers at the same time.

--
Rod

onset.