Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default OT planning issues

In article , stuart noble
writes
somebody wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
I'm considering my response to a planning application whereby a
commercial building in a mainly residential area would be replaced by
17 2 bed flats with 11 parking spaces.
I'm hoping someone on here will know where to look up the general
guidelines councils apply e.g. on average, how many extra cars might
you expect from 34 bedrooms in the south east? Is there a formula?
I don't want to complain unreasonably (people have to live somewhere)
but, as it stands, it sounds like parking chaos.
Any pointers appreciated.

I think it differs by District Council or possibly County Council, but
here are a couple to get you started....

http://www.bridgnorth-dc.gov.uk/stat...s/Public/Docum
ents/Development_Policy/Local_Plan/SPG_Parking.pdf

See p.7.

Or

http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/E...ries/documents
/vehicle_parking_standards.pdf?channelOid=null

See p.11.

Hth
Someone

Hm, 2 and 1.5 respectively, making this application a little unrealistic.
At least I now know the terminology, "parking standards". My council
(Bromley) only shows an appendix to them, which is useful :-)

Hmmn, that's helpful, give them a call, our lot are pretty helpful and
should be able to advise if you give them a rundown of the property
type. Actually, if it's been given a reference then there should be a
planning officer assigned to the job who will be able to tell you what
they will be looking for from the developer.
--
fred