Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

On Nov 13, 10:02*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

If you're interested in either fix, let me know. *I may open it back up
and take come pictures.

I still use mine on a regular basis. It had been rehabilitated by PC
when they had a rash of them that were returned because of a bad
microprocessor that controlled the speed when under load. Woodcraft
had them for $89, so I bit.

I like the router overall. Don't like the goofy switch, but I am used
to it. I would love to see what you did to yours as mine is still
going strong after about 5 years or so. I have it set up and only use
it for mortising door butts for door replacements. The good part
about this router is once set, it stays set.

But that brings me to a problem I have. That thing is the most
cranky, unresponsive tool I own when try to use the fine adjustment
for depth. Most of the time (98% ?) it simply doesn't work. So I
wind up using the turret adjustment on the quickstops built into the
base. I would love to fine adjust with the knob, but gave up long
ago. Even following the instructions (*gasp*) didn't make things any
better or shed any light on things.

Got any thoughts on that? Is this where you applied the epoxy you
spoke of?

I like the router overall, and it does good for what it is. But I was
in love the first time I turned on my DeWalt 3hp variable, one that
was purchased when they were made by Elu in Switzerland. Same size,
same weight, positive adjustments, runs smooth as a watch and has a
lot more power than the old 7529.

Any thought on the adjustments (or lack thereof in my case!) and
possible switch upgrades/mods/fixes would be appreciated.

Robert