Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

"marc rosen" wrote

I did a search on the Porter cable 7529 and most of the comments I saw
were from 7 or more years ago from a lot of names I no longer see.
(Hey Lew, I saw your post as well!)
Anyway, I picked one up from an estate sale and though I don't need it
I thought I would add it to my router arsenal (3 other PC routers that
work as they should with no end in sight). I used it tonight for the
first time and was not very happy with the way it performed and its
difficulty in adjustments.
Anybody still running theirs? Anyone have good or bad comments?
Thanks in advance,

I bought one at a garage sale three, four years ago and now only use it
occasionally since I purchased a Multi-Router. Mainly, I used it's plunge
ability, along with jigs, to do mortises for loose tenon joinery, mainly in
end grain..

Most obvious issue/problem is the damn plastic knobs keep breaking off and
ultimately require a wrench to work. It is also a klutzy PIA to adjust, but
once it's setup it did an adequate job of the above.

IIRC, I only paid about $25 for it, so I'm basically satisfied with the
price/performance ratio, and I got at least that much use out of it. Sorry
to say its overall quality is mediocre at best, and not up to the standards
of the other, older PC routers I own.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08