Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default Strange thing going on.

"Norminn" wrote in message
news
JC wrote:

Here lately we have had the opposite of a power surge. The power
takes a dramatic downward dive. We sleep without air conditioning
and use a small "Patton" fan mainly to create some noise to drown
out the trains and highway traffic. For the last three or four days
the fan would drag down to almost a complete stop. One of us would
wake up immediately and jump up and turn it off.

Last night I decided to do some detective work. So, when it
happened, I just left it along and went through the house turning
on lights and things. Several lights, I'm assuming they are on the
same circuit, were very dim. (we use those curly cue florescent
bulbs). Nothing I did changed the fan speed. This morning I turned
the fan on and it ran fine. I'm wondering if a breaker could
overheat and drag the power down. Also, we have a terrific
infestion of fire ants

Amdro is very, very effective for fire ants here in FL......we don't
broadcast over entire lawn;

We're on a few hundred acres here and believe me, we've tried it all.
They kill newborn calves so we're very open to anything that might rid
us of them, but that just hasn't come along yet.