Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange thing going on.

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 13, 1:38 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:
JC wrote:
Here lately we have had the opposite of a power surge. The power takes a
dramatic downward dive. We sleep without air conditioning and use a
small "Patton" fan mainly to create some noise to drown out the trains
and highway traffic. For the last three or four days the fan would drag
down to almost a complete stop. One of us would wake up immediately and
jump up and turn it off.
Last night I decided to do some detective work. So, when it happened, I
just left it along and went through the house turning on lights and
things. Several lights, I'm assuming they are on the same circuit, were
very dim. (we use those curly cue florescent bulbs). Nothing I did
changed the fan speed. This morning I turned the fan on and it ran fine.
I'm wondering if a breaker could overheat and drag the power down. Also,
we have a terrific infestion of fire ants and those damn crazy rosemary
ants (I think that's the name---it's a new discovery here in south Texas
and they are taking over everything so fast it's unbelievable) But, I've
dealt with the ant problem before and this just doesn't act the same.
I'll be calling the local electrician but before I sprang for that 100
bucks up front, I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has had this
problem and might have an idea what's going on.
JC

Might help to know where in the world you are.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Might help to know where in the world you are.

Might help if you read the post more carefully.

"...it's a new discovery here in south Texas"

DOUH!! Premature postification, I'll blame it on my
medication. *snicker*

TDD