Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default heated driveway

Check with a plumbing company which does steam heating. If it is a closed
system and the water gets above boiling, steam will be created and there
could be an explosion! Need a high temperature / high pressure relief valve.

Then you might want some sort of anti-freeze solution in the pipes in case
you choose to leave it off. But you would not want this solution flowing
back into your house water supply!

And pipes leak. Would need to keep it full of water/fluid. Need an indicator
to see how much water is in system.

Heated water/fluid expands when it heats. Need an expansion tank.

You can heat with solar, swimming pool heater, multiple electric water
heaters, natural gas/oil boilers, or wood burning "OWB" boiler.

Then need a pump to circulate the warm/hot water.

"TJ" wrote in message
I am looking for information on installing a water heater to provide
heat to my driveway. The former owner removed all the michanical
equipment just before the bank forclosed. I don't have a choice about
heating or not heating as the driveway is too steap to plow, snowblow,
etc. The toubing installed in the driveway is in good shape and the
cannections are in the garage, I just dont know what to hook to them,
Any help will be apreciated.