Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alang Alang is offline

Default Energy Saving Lightbulbs

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:52:18 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Alang
saying something like:

I put a double socket up with two 20W CFLs to give a supposed
equivalent to 2 100W bulbs.

I've been trying to find those two-way lamp adapters for just this
reason. Was yours old stock kicking around a kitchen drawer, or did you
find one in a shop?

Had it for about 40 years. I've got a switched one too. an sometimes
get them in car boot sales

I was tempted to make one and pot it up with epoxy and slate powder.
Idea is to get both lamps offset and horizontal so the whole lot fits
in a 12 inch dia shade without touching the side