Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Stain after polyurethane removed

On Nov 12, 5:06*pm, jacy wrote:
About 20 years ago we sanded and put a clear coat or two of poly on
our kitchen cabinets. I'd like to stain them dark. Can I expect good
results after removing the poly with a chemical stripper? I plan to
use a conditioner and then stain. I'm not looking for perfection --
these cabinets are nearly 60 years old and quite well used -- just
something reasonably passable to tide me over for a few more years
until a full kitchen reno.

~Jacy

Making wood darker is easy, lighter is often not, what type of wood is
it.