Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heated driveway

On Nov 12, 5:40�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
TJ wrote:
I am looking for information on installing a water heater to provide
heat to my driveway. The former owner removed all the michanical
equipment just before the bank forclosed. I don't have a choice about
heating or not heating as the driveway is too steap to plow, snowblow,
etc. The toubing installed in the driveway is in good shape and the
cannections are in the garage, I just dont know what to hook to them,
Any help will be apreciated.

I don't know anything about heating driveways ( I HAVE seen pictures of
snow), but the immediate thought comes to mind of the enormous number of
BTUs necessary to raise the temperature of several dozen tons of concrete
just one degree.

Are heated driveways common? Or at least not rare?

plowing and salting are costly.here in pittsburgh they are becoming
more common.

one slip and fall accident i had 10 years ago cost me dearly. knee
surgery, will need knee replacement too. Had arthrospic knee surgery
and nearly died in recovery after undiagnosed sleep apnea got me to
quit breathing.... it was a very close thing.

missed lots of work.

you only need to get the slab a few degrees above freezing