Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Help! Boiler choices?

On Nov 12, 11:45*am, secretgarden_at_trans-video_dot_net@foo.
(sgarden) wrote:
-------------------------------------

Does anyone have experience with the Biasi oil-fired boiler? Am changing
out an really old worn out system and am installing a wood/coal boiler as
the primary heat source, and need a oil fired system as back-up.

My next door neighbor is a pipe fitter and he will help me put these in.
His brother is a plumber who can get items only avaialbel to contractors.
They both like Weil McLain and recommend a big old one pass Weil McLain
system that weighs 595 pounds, has 14.9 gallons of water content, and
requires a 7" flue. They also recomend Beckett burners. Total about $2700
plus copper and some parts. *

Spending a few days on the internet I find the Italian made Biasi is now
widely available. It's a 3 pass unit that is better insulated, weighs 307
pounds, contains only 4.7 gallons of water and comes with a Riello burner
for $1650 plus copper etc. Seems like a more efficient design. Very
resonable cost for a back up unit.

Or since I am not young, should I put in the better Buderus 3 pass boiler,
also very well insulated, weighs 403 pounds, contains 10.8 gallons of
water with a Reiello burner. Cost is now about $3500 with all the copper,
etc., but a tried and true unit.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Or maybe a System 2000