Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Where to Get the Key for Keyway in Motor Shaft?

Jay Chan wrote:
I have a Craftsman contractor style tablesaw. Recently I lost the
key
that is supposed to be placed in the keyway of the motor shaft.
This
key is a small metal bar, and is ued to lock the motor shaft and the
pulley together. Unfortunately, the parts list of the tablesaw
doesn't have a part number for this part. I have called the Sears
PartDirect; but they don't have any info about it either.

I would like to know where and how to get that key. Is it a very
common part?

Thanks in advance for any info.

If you're in the US go by any Harbor Freight and get their Keystock
Storehouse #93199 or #95843 for about 6 bucks. Should be one in it
that is either the right size or can be easily made to fit with a few
minutes filing or dremeling.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)