Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Work table design ideas?

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
I am going for a 4 x 8 flat surface. I'll build storage under it as
needed and I will make sure it is movable. I am thinking of a
derivation of this design. Anyone else have design ideas or input?

It depends a lot on what you're going to be doing /on/ the shop table. I
couple of years ago I built what had been intended as a panel cart - but
since then it's been used at least as much as a sanding table and
assembly table as a cart. It's movable, and when not in use doesn't take
up much space...

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/PanelCart/

When I've wanted a solid top surface, I've thrown a 4x8 sheet of
whatever was handy on top.

It would be fairly easy to add whatever storage configuration you might
like under the side that tilts up, although I suspect that mobile
storage might be a mixed blessing.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar