Posted to alt.home.repair
Sharp Dressed Man[_2_] Sharp Dressed Man[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Oven Repair -- Element question

wrote in message
Yikes:

I made my "Special Roast Chicken and Beer" and the oven got trashed --
as usual.

So, my wife is "strongly suggesting" that I clean it this time.

To do a good job, I disconnected the bottom heating element and
removed it from the oven, to give better access to the floor of the
oven.

The element itself attaches by two screws to two wires (red and blacK
wires) that supply the power to the element.

Well, not thinking, I did not pay attention to which wire (red or
black) goes to which side -- ie -- red wire attaches to left side,
black to right, or whatever).

So, does it make any difference? Help me out here. Wife with dirty
oven not happy. Wife with NO oven very unhappy....

Tim

The heating element is just resistance wire so it doesn't make any
difference.