Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Heating Oil Prices

HeyBub wrote:
dpb wrote:

Southwest Airlines in a nutshell---they looked fabulous early on, now
they're also hurting in spades as their contracted fuel supplies are
still lagging current market prices.

Southwest's average hedge for oil is $51/bbl. As long as oil stays above
that price, Soutwest is golden.
http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/pic...8/pick0611.htm

This is not forever, though, Southwest's options will run out... about the
same time as the price of oil drops back to reasonable.

I can see it's easy to misinterpret intent -- I wasn't intending to
imply SW was above actual market but that they're now more nearly in the
same boat as the others as prices run the other way and options are more
recent.

Don't recall precisely where but within last couple weeks/month(?) saw a
much more detailed analysis and while they're still better off than
most, not nearly as much an advantage as previously. That analysis also
included projections going forward of comparative status under a couple
of postulated scenarios which showed gaps narrowing further.

And, yes, all of 'em hedge to a greater or lesser degree...