Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Work table design ideas?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote
Should close escrow on a forclosure in a few days and need to build
out my 2 car garage shop. Besides pulling in all my machinery and
tools from all the various shops an other locations they currently
live, I need to build a shop table.

I am going for a 4 x 8 flat surface. I'll build storage under it as
needed and I will make sure it is movable. I am thinking of a
derivation of this design. Anyone else have design ideas or input?

http://woodworking.about.com/od/shop...tableTable.htm

Been thinking about the same thing lately, but what I really need is an
"assembly table", about 6' x 3', much lower to the ground than my work
bench, say around 24" high, similar to your drawing, and on locking wheels,
so if I have a large cabinet etc, on it I'll be able to move it around to
work on it and/or just move it out of the way while I do something else.

AAMOF, in my current setup, I left room between my middle of the floor
workbench, and wall bench/cabinets to house just such a critter. I'd like to
do 4' x 8', but it would take up too much room in my current, but temporary,
"2 car garage" location.

http://www.e-woodshop.net/shop.htm

I was thinking along the lines of a torsion box for the top, with 4' x 4"
legs and 4 locking castors, as it needs to be solid and perfectly flat, for
glue-ups and such, if need be.

Big things for me are 'flat' and 'mobile' ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08