Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default touchup paint kitch cabinets, or must reface?

On Nov 12, 12:49*am, dumbstruck wrote:
What about small areas of wear on wooden oak kitchen cabinets - is it
possible to repaint only about 10% of worn areas without looking too
patchy? There is a lot of 3d on the surface, so I hate to resand it
all, and am not too fussy about looking new.

Or is another shortcut sort of a limewash which might not need sanding
to bare wood? I would like to still see some grain... tks

You say paint, you say you want to see grain and mention limewash so I
dont know what you have.Kitchens often have to be stripped since
cooking covers everything in oils and hands contaminate cabinets,
thats probably where things are worn off. Touchups wont look the same
but you can try it.