Posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.audio.pro,misc.survivalism,misc.fitness.weights,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Obama "Would like to teach the world to sing"

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:21:32 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

wrote:
tg wrote:
The night we waved goodbye to America
*snip*

You Republicans had absolute control of our nation for 6 out of the
last 8 years, yet you did nothing, NOTHING, to promote your
so-called "values". If you weren't busy talking out of one side and
doing the complete OPPOSITE of what you claim to stand for, I'd
vote for your party.

## Well, things were pretty good for six years. Pretty good in spite
of 9-11, Katrina, and two wars. Then the Democrats took over
congress.

Nonsense. An illegal invasion of a soverign nation which was of no
threat to us,

## Nice buzz words; let's take them one at a time.
"Illegal invasion" - what law was broken? Under Article II of the
Constitution - you do believe in the supremecy of the Constitution, don't
you - the president has unlimited war-making powers. He may wage war on
whomever he wants. But there is a remedy for those who disagree. According
to one appellate court, "the people are free to remove the president at the
next election."

torture,

## Again, this is part of the president's war-making power. You may not like
it, but it's his prerogative.

an economic unwinding that is finally rising
above most people's radar horizon,

## As I said before, things were pretty good for six years. Specifically,
low unemployment, low inflation, 21 straight quarters of economic growth. It
all started to go south when the Democrats took over congress.

the "Patriot Act",

## Most people have no idea what was in the Patriot Act. For example, they
think it was a law - it wasn't a single law. It was a collection of some
huge number (60 as I recall) modifications to existing laws, mainly to bring
them up to date. For example, roaming wiretaps to account for cell-phone
usage and "letter subpoenas" were expanded from a handful of businesses (car
rental agencies, storage facilities, banks) to any business.

massive
plundering of the economy (wealth transfer) to their cronies,

## Huh?

implementation of a theocracy,

## What theocracy? Are you compelled to attend the National Church? Are you
prevented from attending your own? Is some official set of sacraments taught
at your local school?

uncountable dead due to his EO against
stem cell research,

## There was no executive order prohibiting stem cell research. The only
restriction the government put on stem cell research was that the government
wouldn't pay for research using new stem cell lines. As for uncountable
dead, that's not true. The number of dead is zero. There has been NO
stem-cell-based cure for anything. There may never be one.

violation of the church/state clause,

## And what would that violation be?

direct
funding of churches,

## Didn't happen. You're hallucinating.

wiped their collective asses with the
Constitution, failure to complete his major assignmnet, capture or
kill bin Laden,

## I hate to be the one to tell you, but killing or capturing bin Laden was
never a goal of the United States - I refer you to Douglas Feith's
[Undersecretary of Defense for Policy] book, "War and Decision." The single
strategy pursued with absolute dedication was/is to prevent another attack
on the United States or U.S. interests abroad. To achieve this goal, tactics
were put in place to disrupt or destroy terrorist communications, funding,
training, movement, and recruiting. If bin Laden were captured during any of
these endeavors, that would be a plus, but killing or capturing bin Laden
was never any kind of goal.

In the decade preceding 9-11, there were about one or two attacks on the
U.S. per year. WTC 1, the USS Cole, embassy bombings, diplomat kidnappings,
etc. Since the above policy was implemented, there has not been a single
terrorist incident involving U.S. civilian interests, either at home or
abroad.

destruction of the American reputation worldwide, etc.

## So what? Responsible people don't give a fig about reputation. We do what
we do that's in our own best interests. We do not curry favor with the
world. Our sense of self-worth is not dependent on the majority vote or
approbation of the "world."

Either you've been living in a cave without tv or internet or are
lying.

Maybe both. But at least I don't live in a theocracy - and neither do you.