Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AndrewV AndrewV is offline

Default mystry lathe

"AndrewV" wrote in message
I went to pick up an engine for my bandmill project and the guy had a 13"
lathe (very old he thought pre 20's) that he offered to sell for scrap. The
only tag on it says Globe manufacturing, no serial #s on the ways or
anywhere I could see. Everything moves, no rust, lots of dirt, no tooling
but a 3 jaw chuck. I googled Globe and found nothing but a reference to a
milling attachment. It looks very similar to an early southbend the gear
cover and the apron are identical to some pictures I found but there's no
reference to southbend on the machine that I could find.

Anybody seen/ have one like it? For what he wanted it could easily follow
me home

Andrew

It looks like this one www.lathes.co.uk/southbend/page2.html top of the
page, even the tag on the left leg is in the same place but it says globe on
it.

Andrew