Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Snags with submain, extending meter tails

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
John Rumm wrote:

Maybe I am missing something, but I am not sure I follow what the
problem is...

I agree - it's a non-issue in this case. Ze = 0.19 ohm, so the earth
fault level is about 1.3 kA. 14 m of 25 mm^2 conductor has a resistance
of around 10 milliohm (less with the armour in parallel) so the fault
voltage drop across the CPC of the distribution circuit is only about 13
volts. If Ze falls for any reason the disconnection time will fall
rapidly and I suspect you'll stay on the right side of the IEC touch
voltage curve.

IOW the main bonding can be connected at whichever end is more convenient.

Andy

I think you'll find in reality, it's more like 40 milliohms, but still falls
within disconnect times, at either end.