Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 5-0-5 A panel meter?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:52:44 +0000, Graeme
wrote:

Ah 'Yazaki', I think that's them! (well remembered that man) ;-)

I cheated, and browsed the classic car area of eBay :-)

I like it. ;-)

Yes! That reminds me of the tubing used to connect the manifold
pressure gauge to the manifold. Drill the manifold, tap the hole, then
there was a special part to reduce the diameter of the tubing - forget
that, and the gauge flew all over the place.

So they did ... could they be considered the forerunner of the
'Economy lights' I saw on a 1.1 Mk3 Escort?

The speedo I used was not calibrated for the car, so it looked good, but
wasn't actually useful :-)

As an aside I've just remembered I didn't change the speedo drive over
when I recently swapped the gearbox on my MkII Escort kit car (now
reads very low). The std box was setup for a 3.89:1 diff and I'm now
running a 4.44:1 (mind you, also with wheels 1/3 bigger in
circumference than std).

Part of my job as a sub postmaster is vaguely overseeing a
delivery office full of posties, and their vans. All strange noises and
flashing lights in the vans are ignored. If the van runs, it is used.

Good and more chance of us getting our mail. ;-)

Part of the rational is that, if there is a problem, the postie has to
take the van to the workshop at the main mail centre, which is nearly 50
miles away, whereas, if the van dies completely, the AA will come and
get it ...

Hehe. Round here all the post vans seem to be either stopped or full
throttle, even the biguns! I also like the way the rear roller
shutters bounce open and closed in synch with the axle tramp. ;-)

T i m