Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 5-0-5 A panel meter?

On 11 Nov 2008 23:51:44 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:58:09 UTC, T i m wrote:

I did try an LCD digital watch for a bit but you can't just glance at
it and get a 'feel' of the time like you can with the old pointy hands
eh. ;-)

The sight in my remaining, properly working, eye does not allow me to
read a digital watch with my glasses off. When lecturing, I can't see
the audience with my glasses on!

So I have a nice clear analogue one...

Good point,

Since I reached 50 I've needed reading glasses (ready specs) for
closer work and a stronger pair for real fine stuff. Without glasses I
can easily 'see' [1] the time on this 20 yr old Seiko but there's no
way I can read the day / date. :-(

But hey, the days seem to pretty well follow on anyway so it's not a
problem. ;-)

T i m

[1] As in you glance and get a rough idea of the position of the hands
and the rest seems to happen subconsciously. It seems different when
someone asks you the time and you try to give an accurate answer?