Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 5-0-5 A panel meter?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:05:53 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

I'm looking for one of those little panel meters to be used for
monitoring the charge / discharge rate on my garage solar lighting
system please [1] (around a tenner would be fine).

Everything seems to be digital these days and whilst I could build a
little monitoring panel showing current (shunt resistors etc) I think
an analogue meter would be more suitable (in an analogue watch or rev
counter sorta way).

Cheers, T i m

[1] The charge controller I'm using has LED's indicating battery
voltage (red, amber green) and solar panel charging or not. I could
put a 0-5A meter on the input side but that wouldn't also show the
battery discharge rate (handy when experimenting with different types
of light).

Have you tried Rapid? http://www.rapidonline.com/ They have a lot of
components at reasonable prices. Just type in your search and you might get
something that fits your requirements.

No I hadn't and thanks for reminding me.

They do do quite a range and at very good prices but I can't seem to
see any centre zero models? :-(

Another link added to my bookmarks though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m